OpenWFEru 0.9.16 released
OpenWFEru is an open source workflow / BPM engine written in Ruby. Its nickname is “Rufus”, as OpenWFEru can be hard to spell.
This release includes the database persistence implemented by Tomaso Tosolini for the engine.
In no particular order :
- The listen expression got improved
- Added a lookup_processes() method to the engine, for querying about processes given variables and values
- Scheduler jobs now have a schedule_info() method
- The sequence expression implementation has been simplified for improved performance
- Lots of work on the Atom and AtomPub front, resulting in the creation of the ActivityFeedParticipant, AtomPubParticipant (and BlogParticipant) and a rewrite of the AtomFeedParticipant
- many small improvements and bug fixes
Densha, the example Ruby on Rails application embedding OpenWFEru has been improved as well :
- Ability to query workitems in the stores
- Process definition syntax highlighting (thanks to Alex Gorbatchev syntaxhighlighter library)
- Integration of the ActivityFeedService to allow feed readers to subscribe to the engine’s activity feed
Many thanks to everybody who contributed with questions, patches and suggestions.