talked about git and github
last night at the August Ninjava meeting.
The second talk was about Erlang, Joe Norton gave us an overview on this language and tools around it. Extremely interesting. Looking forward to dig more about the finite state machines lib available.
Here are my slides, very shallow. Follow the links after the slides to learn more.
* http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=linus+git to reach the Tech Talk from Linus Thorvalds about Git
* https://peepcode.com/products/git-internals-pdf Scott Chacon’s “git internals” peepcode, excellent
* http://gitcasts.com/git-talk Scott Chacon’s talks about git, I recommend the ‘voice over‘ he did with his RailsConf 2008 slides
* http://osteele.com/archives/2008/05/my-git-workﬂow Oliver Steele’s git workflow (very nice graphs) (followup on commit policies)
* http://tomayko.com/writings/the-thing-about-git Ryan Tomayko’s git workflow (maybe it’s better to read it after Oliver’s one)
* http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html the user manual
* http://gitorious.org (the source itself)